“Our aim is to give excellent care and service, and to treat each of our patients as individuals so you receive a unique, tailor-made programme for your specific needs. The PhysioCare Team is made up of four experienced Chartered Physiotherapists who have worked in both Private Practice and the NHS for many years and are all HCPC registered. They each have areas of special interest within physiotherapy and continue to develop in their work through study and professional courses. It is my pleasure to introduce them to you…”
Judith Crawford - Practice Principal/ Director
- Musculo-skeletal injuries particularly low back pain, whiplash and work related problems.
- Acupuncture (Member of the AACP, the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Acupuncture since 1998).
- Member of PhysioFirst (the Organisation of Physiotherapists in Private Practice since 1997).
- Member of ACPOHE (Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Occupational Health and Ergonomics.
- Credentialled McKenzie Method practitioner
About Judith . . .
“I have a particular interest in the cause and effect of injury on the body and my passion is motivating patients to keep active and fit, whatever age, whilst promoting a healthy lifestyle.
In my spare time I have many sporting interests which include running, yoga, skiing and sailing. I love cooking and entertaining friends and family. I spent 2 years cooking on a yacht sailing around the Pacific Ocean in the late 1980’s and continue to enjoy spending time on our family boat.”
Liz Hopkins – Senior Physiotherapist
- McKenzie Method and Mulligan concept for treatment of the spine and peripheral joint mobilizations.
- Muscle and fascia release, and neural mobilizations, for chronic pain dysfunction.
- Bowen Technique – a holistic hands-on complimentary therapy.
- Sports and Kinesio Taping.
- Epley manoeuvre for vestibular vertigo and functional exercise prescription.
- Acupuncture (Member of the AACP, the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Acupuncture since 2004).
- Electrotherapy and Hydrotherapy
About Liz . . .
“I believe in helping individuals understand their problems and work towards self-help in managing their symptoms in order to achieve and maintain a functional and healthier life.
For my own focus and health, I practice Tai Chi most mornings and I started Morris dancing 3 years ago. I dance at various events on the Island and on the mainland as part of keeping fit. I also enjoy floral gardening, walking and exploring.”
28/02/18 - It is with great sadness that PhysioCare announces the sudden passing of their colleague, Steve Brooks.
A popular physiotherapist, Steve worked for PhysioCare for over 11 years and he will be greatly missed by his colleagues and clients alike.
We extend our heartfelt condolences to Steve’s wife, Marianne, mother and sister - our thoughts are with them all at this dreadful time.
Gill McEwan – Senior Physiotherapist
- Neurology – treating conditions such as MS and Parkinson’s
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) particularly its role in people with chronic pain
- Women’s Health with a special interest in lower back and pelvic girdle pain and dysfunction.
About Gill . . .
“I enjoy treating women’s health issues and having undergone many training courses, have a deep interest in compassion focused therapies such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I believe it’s important to treat patients as a whole and like to delve and find the triggers which have caused the pain in the first place.
Now that my two children have just “flown the nest” I have more time to indulge in my hobbies. I am an avid reader and enjoy cooking of all sorts and country walks. I also enjoy traveling widely both for work and leisure.”
Anna Watson - Senior Physiotherapist
Musculoskeletal treatment, rehabilitation and management
Manual therapy & Sports Massage
Clinical Pilates (APPI trained)
Acupuncture (member of AACP)
JEMS trained (movement enhancement approach)
About Anna . . .
"Before becoming a Physiotherapist I gained a degree in Psychology. I believe, therefore, that whatever life throws at you, in most cases, your body is what you have the most control over and consequently I am passionate about holistically treating a person - helping them to heal themselves.
I have worked in a range of settings, both on land and in hydrotherapy pools, and with patients from super-fit soldiers to nervous MENCAP clients and I believe, whatever someone's background, it is possible to find ways to help wth a person's physical health and rehabilitation.
From my own experience, I know what it is like to have days when I am raring to go for a run with the dog and others when the best I can manage is to lie down and do some breathing and relaxation work! This is why I like to work with a patient to inspire them to help themselves, whatever their situation.
I have recently moved to the Island with my family and I am looking forward to searching out a dance class. I relax with sewing and music, singing and teaching myself to play piano."
Rachel Bartlett - Practice Manager
- Rachel has a strong administrative background having worked in healthcare and customer services since leaving school in 1987.
- Based at our Ryde clinic, Rachel acts as a central point of contact for PhysioCare’s three clinics. She is the warm, friendly voice at the end of the phone providing help and information and ensuring there is a welcoming environment for our visiting patients.
About Rachel . . .
"My key role on Reception is to provide great customer service and I enjoy helping people, whether on the phone or in person. My previous experience helps me to make sure that all our patients are looked after in the best possible way, as I am able to identify and match a patient’s problem to the right Physiotherapist.
When I am not working, I really enjoy cycling and walking, which is a good antidote to sitting at my desk all day and keeps me fit.”
Lucy Peel Bsc (Hons) MRN – Registered Naturopath
- Naturopathic nutrition, detoxing and cleansing.
- Naturopathic therapeutic massage.
- Naturopathic lymphatic cleansing.
- Naturopathic hydrotherapy.
- Bach Flower Remedies.
- Reiki level 2 practitioner.
About Lucy . . .
“My approach in practice is very holistic; exploring the mental/emotional, physical and biochemical aspects of a person and how this will be affecting their health. My treatment plans are based on this holistic approach and I really enjoy working with patients to encourage them to make the changes that are achievable for them.”
Lucy runs clinics at our Bembridge and Ryde clinics - to book an appointment call her direct on 07768 852 178 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Charly Fullilove - Registered Sports & Remedial Massage Therapist
I am a fully qualified Sports and Remedial Massage Therapist who trained at the prestigious London School of Sports and Remedial Massage more than 10 years ago.
I use all the standard massage techniques as well as muscle energy techniques, soft tissue release and friction to attempt to achieve a satisfactory result for the patient.
About Charley . . .
"In my spare time I do a lot of sport, predominantly running, cycling, swimming, skiing, walking and kayaking. I have run 22 marathons, a 50m Ultra marathon, numerous triathlons and 3 half Iron Mans, walked the Thames Tow Path, kayaked the Devizes to Westminster race and trekked the Inca Trail to Machu Piccu.
I love endurance events and consider myself well versed in sports nutrition and event preparation. I take my own advice and invest in regular massage to keep myself injury free during these type of events!
In 2016 I travelled 6000 miles on my motorbike, visiting 14 countries over 2 months. This year I am planning on riding to the Arctic Circle, via Denmark and Norway."